Monday, July 18, 2011

Top 10 Summer Products I Could Not Live Without...

Confession:  I am a product junky! I love trying new products & when I find a new favorite, I become obsessed.  One question I often get asked is, "What products would I recommend?" & I have so many different ones that I prefer in different occasions, but these are my favorite every day products...

1. Dry Shampoo
Hellllooo... it's summer! Who likes to even wash-dry-style their hair every day, much less in the sticky summer time?! I swear I have tried every dry shampoo out there & they all leave a gray residue throughout the day. BUT, then I found SG Invisible Dry Shampoo & I love it!  Target carries the brand & is definitely worth the couple dollar splurge...



2. Thickening Foam
So those morning that you decide you should wash-dry-style, be sure to use Aveda's Phomollient thickening foam.  One pump leaves my hair feeling thick & full of body...


3.  Volumizing Spray
Ok- you get it, I love products, especially any that will give my hair extra body during the heat of summer, but use Aveda's Volumizing Tonic along with Aveda's Phomollient & you will love the results. Forever I have used Bumble & Bumble thickening spray & don't get me wrong, I still love it, but the 2 Aveda products work heavenly together...



4. Toners
With the summer heat comes the summer shine... avoid it with a toner rub before applying your make up.  Again, I am pretty loyal to my Aveda products, but when a friend introduced me to Clinique's version, I cannot look back!  It is so great & the funny part is, it is apart of Clinique's 'Acne Line' of face products & even if you do not have acne, it is the perfect amount of drying out your pores without feeling flaky...


5. Oil Free Moisturizer
Are you getting the hint?  Summer leaves me oily & with limp hair.  But don't worry, I have literally tried everything to combat the heat & I think now, I have successfully found the products that work in those areas. Since a young age, I've been told to moisturize moisturize moisturize to avoid wrinkles & finding the perfect moisturizer has not been easy!  When I was in Nordstrom's, I was introduced to Kiehl's oil-free moisturizer & it is the one moisturizer that I have ever used that gives my face the nutrition it needs without weighing it down.  And for that price, I will keep moisturizing moisturizing moisturizing...


6. Tinted Moisturizer with SPF
The importance of wearing an SPF at all times has really sunken in with me over the past couple years.  I already adore tinted moisturizers, so if you're going to give me a SPF in it as well, then it's sold.  Also, those summer mornings that you wake up & want to hit the lake or go run errands, rub a dab of this across your face & minimally covers flaws without the pounds of foundation.  I tried Clinique & it left me feeling like an oil-slick & then I was given samples at my favorite med spa & fell in heavenly bliss with Revision Intellishade SPF 45 MATTE...


7. Revitalizing Weekly Mask
I have found it to be crucial to renew your face weekly with a mask that you can trust.  I will admit, when I first came across this brand, Eminence, I thought, "oh another woman who thought she could just mix a bunch a crap together & call it a homemade mask, slap a label on it & sell it overpriced" but then I talked to my esthetician about it & she swears by it!  It is a new product line WITHOUT ANY water added! Which is how I justified the price, because look at any facial product you have, & look at ingredients & water will be the first thing which often accumulates for 70% of the product (waste of $).  I am obsessed with this mask, I use it weekly to renew, I use it after I am in the sun all day, this is truly  a dream product...


8. Primer
All-over make up primer is of the essence when applying make up during the summer (& frankly, for me, year round).  Save money by using MAC's version.  Apply a pea size conservatively across your face & literally watch your make-up stay put from morning to night...

 9. Lip Stain/Gloss/Tint
These last 2 products are truly my beauty secrets & I swear by them.  If you're looking for the perfect summer color, I swear to you, you will diiiie over Jane Iredale Just Kissed.  I'm not sure if it's a gloss, or a lipstick, or a stain or what, I just know it works! It holds the color fabulously & honest to God looks different on everyone.  Splurge on this product & you will not go wrong!  They are hard to come by (in fact, I just bought 3 when I was able to find a spa that carried them) but this is the perfect summer color on anyone...



10.  Bronzer
Summer's saving grace!  These are my 2 favorite bronzers, I use them both simultaneously (overload- duh I know, but I love them both equally).  They are the perfect level of bronze, Estee Lauder & NARS, buy them. now.



I hope this helps you save a little $ while perusing the product department.  Now you know a couple of my favorites, I am dying to hear yours so I can build my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment