Wednesday, July 13, 2011

One Woman's Garbage is Another Woman's Treasure...

My addiction for shabby chic interior is never ending! I am always coming across new diy projects for this particular style & the features are easy to imitate, yet still make uniquely yours...



Another reason why I adore this interior decorating trend is because over time it has evolved into a cleaner look (crisp white with distressed accent features)...


Personally, I have styled my own bedroom with the shabby chic trend & I love the casual & comfortable feel that I get from it...


The idea behind Shabby Chic is to mix old features with new features by making weathered items look elegant...


If the thought of decorating an entire room 'Shabby Chic' seems too much for you, start small with a piece of furniture.  Often times I have perused Craigslist & have found beautiful wood furniture being sold for ridiculously cheap because there are gauges or scrapes from use over time... jackpot! Those are the pieces you want! Sand them down (hello! I am far from handy- in fact I don't even own sand paper! I used steel wool that I had found & it worked perfectly to strip the finish off).  From here, use a Crackle Paint or use a regular paint color of your choice & re-distress with the steel wool once your paint dries...


Once you feel comfortable with, try a work space!  A distressed desk looks sophisticated & charming... 


Here are some of my favorite Shabby Chic accessories to dress up any space...

No comments:

Post a Comment