Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ebony Bathroom? Love It or Leave It...

Lately I have been coming across a lot of black infused bathrooms & I have so many mixed feelings about this trend.  At first, I thought, how glamorous...



... but yet so dark & extreme?  Ebony is typically not the first color you find yourself running towards the paint swatches for- but if paired with the right colored accessories, seems perfectly alluring...


So simple, yet so elegant... the perfect mixture of masculine & feminine attributes...


Personally, before seeing the black bathroom features, I always felt as if the bathroom space was a place go to feel refreshed & renewed (think- bright/light color palette).  But now- I am lusting over the idiosyncrasy that jet black brings to the space!  I think I would try the ebony colored paint on a half bath before I would divulge my master bath to it... but black elements in a master bathroom would be a new enchanting twist on the space...


A dramatic trait often left out of our typical designing color palettes... now has a new home?  What are your thoughts?!

1 comment:

  1. Love the mirror on the last image! I ordered a bed similar to the style of the mirror and painted it a nice aubergine color!

    ReplyDelete