Thursday, June 9, 2011

Guest of a Wedding Attire...

This weekend, a close family friend of ours is getting married & I have been busy styling not only myself, but my momma & sisters as well.  For a fun summer wedding, it's fun to play around with different colors, especially since the wedding will be outdoors!  Work with a color that looks best with your skin tone & have that be your focal point.  Here is what my younger sister found as her focal point...

A simple lilac & plum combined dress.  Accentuated with a ruffled neckline, I chose to work with other jewelry besides a necklace & to keep the shoes & clutch khaki...


A few different options of styles of khaki shoes, all rather simple, yet still flirty...


Mix in a khaki clutch of choice...


... And then decide which route you prefer for jewelry! Personally, I prefer to not match my jewelry like Ramona Singer because I find it more whimsical for the pieces to deviate from the norm... 

If a chunky stone bracelet is not for you, try chandelier earrings & a fun cocktail ring instead... 

Or play around with a different color palette in general... 


Here was my final look for her...



2 comments:

  1. Love it! simple and elegant, perfect for a wedding.'

    Trinketsandknickknacks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! I'm so looking forward to tomorrow! Still can't believe its already here!

    ReplyDelete