Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bringing Outdoor Features, Inside...

The best part about this time of year, is getting to escape your winter blues & enter the serene outdoors! There is nothing that will compare to the fresh outdoor scent that spring brings.  Here in MN, we find ourselves staying outside longer & longer each day, just to fully take in the great outdoors that we were so deeply missing during the winter months!  I love being able to bring outdoor features into the home, for a more composed & tranquil feel. Take this...



...& try to incorporate something like this...


I bet you never thought an arrangement of stones could make you feel so relaxed...


...until you get your toesies on this rug!  Ever since I saw these rugs on VivaTerra (an awesome eco-friendly interior design lovers obsession) I cannot wait to get my hands on one! They are so soft & make a room look so contemporary...


Growing up, my parents planted a tree for myself & my 2 sisters & it was forever to be 'our' tree.  My tree was a birch tree & I have had a love for it ever since...


This birch tree legged table is gorgeous!  I would imagine if you're handy this could easily be a DIY project...


The way the sun rises & glimmers off of emerald moss in a dew filled morning is breathtaking...


...so try to bring those same components within your home!  A moss covered bath rug is perfect for toweling off over, giving that fresh dew look to a simple space...


Here in MN, we do adore all 10,000 of our lakes, along with the peaceful greenery woven in & around it...


After I first saw this unique banister, I could not stop thinking about it!  It is so distinct & brings life to a normally forgotten space!


What other outdoor features are you looking to incorporate within your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment