Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Your Unique Style...

To say I am the 'Black Sheep' of my family would be a little dramatic, but I would comfortably say that I am the black sheep when it comes to a difference in style among my sisters & mom.  Do not get me wrong, they have excellent style, but I definitely have a much more bold look to my style.


So my little sister asked me to 'help her out a bit' & blog about "How to incorporate all the looks you talk about for someone who is simple & boyish like me who doesn't think they could pull off the whole total chic thing."  Well, here ya go darlin...

The looks that I blog about are very versatile & are not set in stone!  Often time when I see styles of fashions that I am intrigued by, I only end up incorporating small features from that look into my wardrobe, but more importantly, Tailoring Them to My Personal Style! Everyone has a style. How you alter the trend to fit your personal style is how you make the style unique! My little sister's style is simple & boyish (she said it herself) so take the trends I suggest, keep the colors neutral & tailor it to you...


Perfect! Not to masculine, definitely feminine & very trendy. Thin belt, pleated skirt, solid t-shirt= simple...


Play around in the same color palette that you like. If you like browns, work with tans, beiges, cocoas & chestnuts. Try not to be so 'matchy-matchy' & the look will end up looking effortless...


Skinny jeans, a bold bomber, simple white boyfriend button-up & strappy sandals... all good looks for spring, all in neutral colors...


Statement Jackets & ankle booties, simple & stylish...


Again, if you're concerned about keeping it comfortable, yet feminine, add touches of masculinity to downplay other features.  This look is absolute perfection if you're looking to tap into both masculine & feminine; awesome combat boots & a leather bomber paired with a pink cotton dress & scarf... love!


High Waist, wide leg denim with a chiffon blouse= neutrals & 'boyish'....


If you think you want to try patterns, start with stripes, but in neutral colors.  Keep the rest of your look simple & you'll maintain your unique style...


Try bold jewelry, just try it in a neutral color palette...


If you want to keep your look 'boyish' do not forget to draw attention to the features on your body that you like! This dress is cute & simple, but with the belt cinched at her waist it looks flirty & girly...


Most importantly that I would hope that you got from this is that styles, trends & looks are NOT set in stone! Play around with fashion! Tailor it to your unique style & taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment